Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just read a poem.... (its in my course.. but as d record goes... b4 d death day who reads??)
It kinda made a profound(cudnt find ne other wrd to fit) effect on me... though my interpretatn is kinda diff. from class (thank-God ddnt cum in d exam... teachers wud have given me a ZERO for not abidin d guidelines!!) I lurrrvd dese few lines... wonder hw sum1 cn convey sooooooooooo much thru sooooo little!! as is d case am havin bloody much trouble tryin to make sense in an entir para!! so my fascinatn wid da poem.. is kinda justified!!
read on.. hope u like it toooooooooooooooo!!(bettr have gud wrds abt it....... else imagine me wid a knife at ur neck!!)


HARLEM
by
Langston Hughes
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore-
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over-
Like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
Like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
There am done copyin!! at first it might seem depressin.... like d previous post of mine.. but read it again n u might find a sliver of a ray of hope!!!!
try it wud ya??

10 comments:

Medhavi said...

"What happens to a dream deferred?"

- My answer wd be:
After a passage of time, it bcumz a Butterfly-with wings of hope..and Flies High! And thats the moment we truly Discover Life!

Medhavi said...

hey...hope u did well... gud luck fr the nexxt my-(bun)tree! Mwaahh!

Anonymous said...

when a dream is deferred , what does it become?
if is it trivia then i certainly hav the answer to it.
it becomes a WET DREAM!!!!
{ wet, stikcy, ready to explode}
( am i not right moitriyeee???/)
now medhavi knows how wel i am faring with my english hons as u one needs a lot of creative space for once own interpretations

Medhavi said...

I am verrry proud of u Priya..really... m not lying! :P

Moitreyee said...

priya dahlin!!!
i really feel dat u hv finally stopped thinkin.. n repeatin ur wrds!!!
gud.. atleast nw we dnt hv to witness ur new inventns abt d @#$$%#@$ n !@#@R
wotsay?

Medhavi said...

NOOO...shes not stopped thinkin..trustt me!

± said...

priya hit the nail on the head.
and how.

Arun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arun said...

What happens to a dream deferred ???

Ha..... nothin... the dreams are the visions that make you move on in life ... they are ethereal but its still your visions you want to see and make possible... and visions are concrete, if you understand what i am talking of...

Moitreyee said...

i think i kinda do.... but i dnt agree wid u!!

About Me

a wanderer.. drifting from space to space.. no fixed abode... wind my friend.. wanders with me from place to place!!