Friday, October 31, 2008

I

I drop down, and down,
and down and down
till nothing lower exists.

I sink lower and lower
and lower and lower
till nothing remains to sink into.

I shed tear after tear
after tear after tear
till the whole world is dried up.

I wait in line on and on
and on and on
till I am the last to die out.


II

Am I Eve, I wonder
The first on Earth
The first to create

Have I been cursed yet, I wonder
To partake of the apple
To pay heed to Satan

Am I God's own creation, I wonder
To feel unloved, uncared for
First in line for retribution.

Am I jealous, I wonder....
of Adam really??
Who has what I have not
Or what he has not of what I have

Maybe, just maybe,
He has not what I have
So he has the Love of god
While I have not what he has.


III

I laugh and cry
At a moment's notice
Like a child I am they say

I cry when I'm hurt
I laugh when loved
Like a human I am I say

The light amuses me
The dark is frightening
I shriek and I cry when scared
I'm not what I am, the world says.


IV

I read a lot, Yes ma'am I do,
I keep myself updated
No one's as educated
Like me I know I do!

I see rich cars and bike
One day I'll be like them
Turn on the A/C, roll up the glass,
For now I stand amidst the human mass.


V

Am I upset, am I sad?
No no, I'm inspired,
So they say

Fight, give back,
strive, donate.
They say.

I try to balance between
A fighter and a God
I am a survivor, I say.

No comments:

About Me

a wanderer.. drifting from space to space.. no fixed abode... wind my friend.. wanders with me from place to place!!